Monday, June 18, 2012

Too Long

My goodness it is way too long since I have last posted.  I guess that is what happens when you are busy doing life :)

So anyway, I am just going to jump in!  Last night through a conversation with the husband, I am going to start getting up with him again when he gets up for work.  I use to do this way back in my Tastefully Simple days.  I forgot how much God time I get blessed with when I get up!  I am a night owl by nature, so this is an act of discipline for sure!! 

This morning, I was totally challenged.  I have slowly through out these past two years of my heart and healing journey (which started on my Destiny Rescue missions trip in 2010) been working through a couple of different books.  It's odd for me to stop and start, b/c that is not my personality at all, but I am trying to follow the promptings of the Spirit.  I found myself camped out today in "Created to be his Help Meet" by Debi Pearl.  I did Chapter 3 today, and could have just highlighted the whole thing.  This little nugget caught my attention and heart:


A wise woman sets a joyful mood in her home.

Through laughter, music, and happy times, she creates a positive attitude
 in her children.  She knows that a light-hearted home relieves her husband of stress.


Okay God I hear you, loud and clear.  It's funny how you can know He has called us to do something, and you want to obedient, yet it takes so long to act on it.  Well, for me anyway, this is how it is :)  There are a couple things I know have been impressed on my heart, yet I don't act on it.  Sometimes change is hard, even when good.  A prayer of mine is to want to change from the music of my life to shift from dischordant notes to a beautiful melody.  Amen and amen.


"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18



1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.