Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Paying it Forward

I sent this out as an email but felt my heart stirring to put this on my blog as well.  It is just another way for me to give back and be supportive of something that has been SUCH a blessing in our family's life....
Gavin and Sam are doing a Walk-a-thon to raise money for North Webster Elementary school. Now I am not usually big on fundraisers, but I am very passionate about this for a couple of reasons.
One is that it's promoting health, getting them outside walking, instead of selling something in a catalog that you will pry never use anyways.
Two is that this school has been beyond supportive and amazing with Gavin's journey. Starting with his kindergarten teacher, Amy Kuhn, she helped us learn to fight and be an advocate for him. Thank God he was placed in her class, b/c that is what has begun a positive chain reaction over these past few years. First grade he had an IEP (Individualized Education Plan), where he was getting more help. Then the school brought to our attention some other ways we could help him. When last year, school (not the building, but the demands in general) were eating him alive, we decided to pull him out and homeschool him for the year. NWES supported us!!! The whole time, the whole way. What a blessing!!! They checked in with us, answered my questions and even crying phone calls when overwhelming emotions overtook me. His teacher would email to see how he was doing and offer support. (He has this same teacher again this year, it's going AMAZING!!!)
All this to say, I want to do my part to help our school, and that is my reaching out to you to see if you are able at all to donate to them. A dollar or whatever you can afford, every little bit helps. Thanks so much!!!! If you are willing and able email me :)  smrose1019@gmail.com
Here is a link to an article that is going to be in the newspaper, with a picture of Sam on in :)
Thanks so much for all of your love and support in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.